Wexford Bus wanted to refresh their online presence, to incorporate a new app and online booking system. The aim was to overhaul their online presence from both an experiential and visual point of view, to ensure a unique visual language was attained to stand out from industry competitors.
The project goals were as follows:
– To deliver a fully responsive booking system
– Provide a seamless customer and user experience across mobile, tablet and desktop
– Aim to increase web traffic and online booking
– Reduce phone calls and queries, make the process intuitive
A series of user interviews were completed with a number of customers. Competitor research was undertaken, looking at the positives and negatives of direct and international competitors. A set of key user personas were developed to ensure the needs of all users were accounted for.
Foundational research was first undertaken to embed each team member in the world of travel and online booking. This process involved doing a deep dive into the world of online travel, looking at best in class examples of booking systems, ux, ui, user journey to map out the booking process. Specifically, Virgin America’s redesign by Work&Co was a particular inspiration, from a technical, functional and experiential approach.
User research and customer personas were created on the back of the research. From there, the customer journey was mapped out, user flow was planned and low fidelity wireframes were used to plan the overarching structure. High fidelity wireframes were developed next before development was undertaken.
– Increases in ticket purchasing +19% in first 6 months (simplified booking process)
– Increased traffic both organic and direct +23% average (improved seo and site structure)
– Conversion rate +12% (more streamlined booking process)
– Decrease in web-related phone calls -29% (more intuitive user interface)