Migro are a start up company that create high efficency LED lights. The task was to create a brand identity and product website design for www.migrolight.com. In a crowded marketplace, a unique and clear visual style combined with a confident and assured tone of voice was essential to break through the mundane and have clear stand out. My role in this project was across every touchpoint from initial planning to execution, launch, review and testing. I worked across the following aspects of the project: product naming, user research, user flow, user journey map, wireframe, prototyping, brand and visual design, ui design, user testing, A/B testing and analysis of analytics.
– To clearly communicate the Migro product offering and the benefits over competitors.
– Showcase the Migro knowledge centre, to encourage engagement and interaction with the user.
– Build a sense of trust, quality and expertise to give the user a peace of mind.
– Showcase the Migro product and its benefits over competitors, through the use of figures and infographic visuals.
– Highlight the Migro knowledge centre to build a network of expertise with community.
– Build product sales with an international customer base.
The primary solution for this project was to direct the user in one of two directions:
1 – Migro product and its benefits,
2 – Migro Knowledge Centre and their product and industry expertise.
The navigation of the site was simplified to the two core elements of focus; product and knowledge. This approach was taken to reduce cognitive load on the user and encourages interaction and decision-making process to focus on the two options offered. The navigation dropdown displays the core products as selection options, directing the user to the prodcuts available and giving an immmediately clear and instant understanding of the product range available.
TRUST — 700% increase in sales / conversions in 8 months
ENGAGEMENT — 74% increase in average site visit (up to 3 mins 20 seconds)
VISIBILITY – 222% increase in traffic to site
AUTHORITY – 6,000 visitors to the Migro YouTube channel daily
PROFITABILITY – 70% of sales coming direct through website